This week’s roundup from our thought leaders includes the promotion of eight Babson faculty members. Two professors also received tenure.
Read on to see what else our thought leaders have been up to:
Marketing Professor Shares Thoughts on Grocery Store Prices Campaign
Associate Professor of Marketing Lauren Beitelspacher shared her thoughts for a Boston 25 News story on the announcement of a Whole Foods promotional campaign to cut prices. She said she believed the chain is sincere about wanting to make its products more affordable, but mentioned the decision could come at the risk of alienating customers.
WIN Lab ® Directors Discuss Working with Investors
Kara Miller and Michelle Abbs, Women Innovating Now (WIN) Lab ® directors in Boston and Miami, weighed in on a Fast Company story on questions investors never ask male founders. Miller explained how women can answer questions from investors about how they plan to manage a business while raising a family, and Abbs discussed ways companies can pitch products aimed at women to potential investors.
Professor Presents at Distinguished Leadership and Innovation Conference
Professor and Chair of Entrepreneurship Andrew Corbett gave a keynote speech titled “Building a Management Innovation System for Corporate Entrepreneurship” at the Distinguished Leadership and Innovation Conference in Trinidad and Tobago. Corbett previously co-wrote Beyond the Champion: Institutionalizing Innovation Through People and also was named in a study as one of the world’s top 25 entrepreneur researchers.
Babson Faculty Promoted, Receive Tenure
Two professors received tenure and eight were promoted during the fall and spring semesters:
- Wiljeana Glover received tenure and was promoted to associate professor of technology, operations and information management.
- Jonathan Sims received tenure and was promoted to associate professor of management.
- Laurie Krigman was promoted to full professor of finance.
- Wendy Murphy was promoted to full professor of management.
- Phillip Kim was promoted to full professor of entrepreneurship.
- Vikki Rodgers was promoted to full professor of math & science.
- William LaPoint was promoted to senior lecturer of entrepreneurship.
- George Recck was promoted to senior lecturer of math & science.
Posted in Campus & Community