Babson College faculty are constantly making an impact, both on campus and around the country and world.
Late last year, Lakshmi Balachandra conducted principal research for a study on how women entrepreneurs overcome challenges to business growth beyond venture funding, called “Beyond the Bucks: Growth Strategies of Successful Women Entrepreneurs.”
Around the same time, Sinan Erzurumlu was moderating a panel on sustainability in business, encouraging leaders and entrepreneurs to think more broadly about how their organizations impact their communities and environment.
These are just a few examples of the work faculty are conducting beyond the classroom that also positively impacts their students’ education and experience.
Promotions and Tenure
Seven Babson College faculty were recently promoted or received tenure.
- Balachandra, who teaches foundations of management and entrepreneurship, received tenure and was promoted to associate professor.
- Erzurumlu, an innovation and operations management specialist, was promoted to full professor.
- Experiential learning proponent Ryan Davies was promoted to full professor.
- Marketing strategist Anjali Bal received tenure and was promoted to associate professor.
- Market microstructure researcher Jia Hao received tenure and was promoted to associate professor
- Rick Goulding, who teaches Technology, Innovation, & Operations Management, was promoted to senior lecturer.
- Paul Schmitz, whose research focuses in ethnic identity of Italian and immigrant communities of New York City, was promoted to senior lecturer.
Recognition as Top Marketing Professors
Six faculty members also were recognized as 20 Digital & Social Media Marketing Professors to Know by BSchools.org
The list included Bal, Marketing Division Co-chair Lauren Beitelspacher, Professor of Marketing Victoria Crittenden, Professor of Marketing Anirudh Dhebar, and Senior Lecturer Richard Hanna. Associate Professor Abdul Ali was posthumously named to the list.
“These professors have extensive experience in their field and expertise in the nascent field of digital marketing,” the article said. “Students learn how to identify the right channels of promotion for a company, develop content for different platforms, and help grow a company’s revenue.”
Posted in News & Announcements